.

Friday, March 7, 2014

My 40 Day Challenge Has Ended, But the Cause Has Not!

New to this site? Click here to see what I'm doing.

I finished my 40 days of yoga yesterday! Although I have struggled with some knee issues, I did a lot of power yoga, yin yoga, restorative yoga, and even face yoga! I'd like to thank everyone at my home studio, Authentic Yoga Life, who did this challenge with me -- we rock! I'd especially like to thank my teachers--Valerie, Rachel, Nancy, Karen, and Kristi--you are all amazing and inspiring!

To date, I've raised $345 for the International Rescue Committee and their work with Syrian Refugees. Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed! I will continue to raise donations for another month. I would really like to meet my goal of $500 before April 1st. Please help me make that happen by sharing my donation page. Thank you!

This is such an important cause. The displacement of millions of Syrians is simply mindboggling. My friend Pauline sent me this video yesterday -- It is a powerful take on what MILLIONS of Syrian children are experiencing RIGHT NOW. We cannot turn away from these children!


Please consider donating to my challenge for the IRC. I selected them because of their immaculate record of financial efficiency and accountability, and their wide reach with displaced Syrians, both inside the country and in neighboring host countries. If you cannot give, please share this info with your friends and family on social media. I would especially like to reach out to my friends in Middle Eastern studies to share my fundraising page with their contacts. I have not seen much in the way of concrete fundraising among us, even though so many of us are deeply involved in educating and advocating for and about this cause. I really appreciate your support. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment