.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Getting ready to start the challenge!

New to the site? Here's an explanation of what I'm doing!

So, my 40 Days of Yoga starts tomorrow! I'm very excited to make this commitment, both for myself and for my project to raise money for the IRC's work with Syrian Refugees. If you'd like some info about the statistics on IRC, click here.

The program that I'm doing is based on Baron Baptiste's book, 40 Days to Personal Revolution. I just got my book and I'm looking forward to reading it throughout the program. It's not just yoga, but it also focuses on meditation, healthy eating, and a lot of reflection.


The program will be at my yoga studio, Authentic Yoga Life--which is awesome, by the way--and led by Kristi Taylor. I'm looking forward to it, because one of the things that is great about the studio where I practice is the wonderful community of yogis. In October and November of 2013, I took part in a 30 day challenge, and it was a lot of fun, but also at time, very challenging. However, the community that this studio (and its awesome owner, Valerie) has created totally helped me push through and complete the challenge; I did 38 classes in 30 days! It was awesome. 

So I will be relying a lot on community to get me through these next 40 days, I am sure. This is a busy time of year for me at work, but I'm looking forward to knowing that I'll be doing my yoga practice each day, even if I can't get any other type of exercise in. Let the asanas begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment